Load this slow cooker paleo pot with protein, sweet potatoes, veggies, & a homemade spice blend. This easy one-pot recipe can also be made vegetarian.
1 pound of meat, 1 pound of vegetables, and 1 pound of sweet potatoes. That’s really all this recipe is about. You can use pretty much any meat for this and it doesn’t necessarily have to be ground meat. Chicken breasts or thighs and beef cut into pieces works well too. If you want to make a vegetarian version, a good substitution for meat is chopped portobello mushrooms. If you do use ground meat then I suggest you brown it and drain the grease first.
The great thing about this meal is that you can use those vegetables in your produce drawer that might be on their last leg. I literally grabbed 90% of the veggies I had in my frig for this which included: sweet potatoes, green beans, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, carrots, red onion, and zucchini. Before you say those aren’t sweet potatoes – they are. They’re white sweet potatoes.
I know only using 1/3 cup of water makes some people uncomfortable but trust me it’s enough liquid. Btw, this is also whole30 compliant if you use one of the homemade seasonings I list below.Print
Slow Cooker Paleo Pot
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 lb meat
- 1/3 cup water or low-sodium broth
- 1–2 tbsp your favorite homemade seasoning (see blog post for ideas, I used fajita)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 lb vegetables I used: green beans, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, chopped, carrots, onion, zucchini
- Handful fresh herbs (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6 or until sweet potatoes and vegetables are soft.
For the spices, grab your favorite seasonings whether they be fresh herbs or dried spice blends. I used 1 1/2 tbsp of my homemade fajita spice blend. Nutritional facts are based on this seasoning with low-sodium broth.
Other seasoning blends to use….