This seafood ramen soup recipe is super easy but full of flavor. Make this comforting soup in your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Updated 2018 with IP instructions
Soup season is upon us. I’ve been souping away for the last week. This ramen soup recipe is long overdue for an overhaul.
This is one of those slow cooker meals that cooks the majority of its time without the main ingredients. It tastes great and your house will smell fantastic but it’s not much to look at until it’s finished cooking.
The good stuff (seafood, ramen, kale) are added at the end. Don’t like kale? Use spinach! Add mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, whatever vegetables you want to this recipe!
I used instant ramen for this recipe. You know, the kind that comes in the block…yup. I always said I don’t preach! Throw away the seasoning packet that comes with the ramen, the homemade broth takes its place in this recipe. The recipe calls for 4-6 ounces of ramen. I used about 5 ounces.
Get creative with your 1 pound of seafood! I used a combination of grilled Sizzlefish salmon and shrimp. My salmon was pre-cooked but you can add the salmon in raw, the cook time will remain the same. In the past I have used crab and lobster in this soup and it was a hit. Use your preferred broth whether it be seafood broth, vegetable, chicken, or even beef. I happened to be sitting on a lot of homemade chicken broth so I used that.
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Seafood Ramen
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- 64 ounces broth (seafood, vegetable, or chicken)
- 4-6 ounces ramen
- 1 lb seafood
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 lb tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT the seafood, kale and ramen to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours, LOW 4-6.
- Add seafood, kale & ramen and cook and additional 15-30 minutes.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT the seafood, kale and ramen to the Instant Pot. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 8 minutes. Quick release.
- Add kale & ramen, close lid and cook an additional 5 minutes on WARM. Open IP, stir in seafood, and cook on warm until seafood is cooked through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on one of the product links, I’ll might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.