This easy frittata slow cooker recipe uses vegetables, eggs, cheese and a few seasonings. It’s simple yet flavorful and best, it’s ready in just an hour or so
Thank you Rose, Theslowcookinghousewife; her Slow Cooker Veggie Frittata recipe inspired this one. I’ve made breakfast casseroles plenty of times in my slow cooker but this was my first time making a frittata. Um…where have I been?!? When it comes to convenience AND flavor, this recipe is at the top of the list. It was so easy to throw together and the flavors were amazing. Whatever vegetables you have in your produce drawer, pull them out, chop them up, cook them and thrown them in the slow cooker. If you’re crunched for time – you don’t even have to cook the vegetables first. Just toss them in. I kept my version vegetarian but of course you can add cooked bacon or sausage. For the seasoning, here is my homemade Italian seasoning blend:
A few notes about this recipe: I used 6 eggs and a 2-quart slow cooker. You can easily double or triple this by multiplying the ingredients accordingly. This cooks very fast. Mine was done in just over an hour on HIGH. Lastly, be prepared for your house to smell amazing. I know mine did.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp ghee
- Spray slow cooker generously with cooking spray.
- Add ghee to medium size skillet. Once melted, add vegetables and saute a few minutes until soft.
- Transfer vegetables to slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese and seasonings.
- Pour egg mixture into slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 1-2 hours or LOW 3-4.