Shredded chicken is so easy to make in the slow cooker. With basically no prep, the end result of this is succulent Greek flavored chicken ready for your disposal
This recipe is good for 2-3 lbs of chicken. Since this is a shredded chicken recipe you will need to use a boneless, skinless cut. It can be chicken breasts or thighs, whatever you prefer. I used breasts this time but thighs definitely work well too. If you use thighs though, be sure to trim the fat off first.
This recipe can easily be double or tripled depending on the size of your slow cooker. Once done, the meat should be so tender that is shreds easily with a fork. The finished product can be used in so many ways: salads, in a pita, sandwich, etc. Below are a couple of my past plates using the Greek shredded chicken.Print
- 2–3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add chicken to bottom of slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together until blended.
- Pour ingredients into slow cooker over and around chicken.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with fork.
- Put chicken back in slow cooker until ready to serve.