This easy low-carb cheeseburger casserole is full of flavor. Serve this family-friendly slow cooker recipe any night of the week.
I know this isn’t the regular, healthy slow cooker recipe that you have come to expect out of me but we’re not in regular times right now. Due to Covid-19, I understand that some of you might not have access to your usual ingredients. This recipe uses basic ingredients that I hope you can still find in your local grocery store. Of course you can make substitutions where needed. This slow cooker cheeseburger casserole is an easy, hearty meal the entire family can enjoy.
Make This Low-Carb
To me, this is a low-carb casserole because I have only made this recipe using a low-carb tortilla or low-carb flatbread. I also use a dill relish that has 0 added sugar. Yes, of course you can swap in your preferred tortilla whether it be low-carb or not.
Other casserole recipes you might enjoy:
Make this cheeseburger casserole work for you. Don’t eat red meat? Use ground turkey. Cheddar cheese not your favorite? Use swiss or provolone! You can add diced mushrooms or even bell peppers to the meat mixture if you want to use more veggies.
Tips For A Successful Cheeseburger Casserole
- Drain excess grease from the meat mixture before adding it to the slow cooker. You can easily do this by using a slotted spoon to remove it from the skillet.
- Spray the slow cooker generously with cooking spray. If you don’t have cooking spray, you can also put parchment paper down before adding the building your casserole. This will help prevent it from sticking to the sides of the slow cooker.
- Let the casserole cool before slicing. This will also help prevent it from sticking to the sides.
Thank you so much to Brandi @ Staysnatched.com for inspiring this recipe. Every single time I see her Easy Keto Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole recipe on social media I think to myself, I really need to make this!
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Casserole VIDEO:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp relish
- 2 tbsp onion flakes (or 1 medium onion, peeled & diced)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2.5 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 low-carb tortillas (or tortilla of your choice)
- In a large skillet over medium-heat, add ground beef. Cook a few minutes until browned, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Discard excess grease if needed.
- Add relish, onion flakes, mustard, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and tomato sauce to the skillet. Cook a few minutes until heated through.
- Spray the slow cooker generously with cooking spray.
- Add 1/3 of the ground meat mixture to the slow cooker. Top 1/3 of the cheese. Top with 2 of the tortillas. You may need to overlap them in the middle to make them fit.
- Repeat layers: add another 1/3 of the ground meat mixture, another 1/3 of the cheese and the remaining 2 tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with the remaining 1/3 of the meat & the remaining cheese.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Top with pickle slices if using.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.