- Turn on Instant Pot to ‘Saute’ mode.
- Once heated, add oil & beef stew meat and cook a few minutes until browned. Remove beef and add onion, garlic, and mushrooms (if using) and cook a few minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in beef broth. Deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Stir in steak seasoning and ghee.
- Add beef back to the pressure cooker and stir.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 9 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.