This seasoned beef cooked in the slow cooker can be served as a Sunday roast or shredded down for tacos or a salad topping.
Easy. This is another easy recipe. I didn’t know what to do with my 4 lb roast so I called my Mother. She didn’t answer (she was mid-flight I later learned) so I pulled out one of her recipes from the stack old index cards she gave me. I found this steak seasoning blend there. Her original recipe used a 2-3 lb roast and I was cooked in the oven so after some simple conversions viola here you are with this slow cooker version.
This calls for your favorite steak seasoning. If you don’t have favorite steak seasoning, use my Mom’s homemade one:
Keep your roast whole or shred it down, the sky is the limit with this recipe! The dollops of Omghee on top aren’t necessary but add a certain je ne sais quoi in my opinion.
- 4-5 lb beef roast
- 2 small onions, sliced
- ½ cup low-sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup steak seasoning
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tsp ghee (optional)
- Add broth and onions to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together steak seasoning, thyme, and rosemary.
- Season the roast with the seasoning mix, pressing the rub into the meat with your fingers if needed.
- Add roast to the slow cooker.
- Add dollops of ghee on top (if using).
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 8-9.
You’ll know this is done when the meat is so tender it shreds easily with a fork. If it’s not that tender, keep cooking it.
Serve over mashed cauliflower, with a side of vegetable, on a salad, in a tortilla, the sky is the limit with this beef!