- 2 tsp oil (for IP)
- 2 lbs brisket, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1–2 tbsp chili powder (I use 2)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups beef bone broth or low-sodium beef broth
Optional step – add oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Add brisket, bell pepper, and onion to pan and cook, a few minutes until meat is browned and vegetable begin to soften.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 4-5 hours, LOW 8-10.
- Turn on the IP and select Sauté. Once hot add oil to the pot. Add the brisket, bell pepper, and onion and cook a few minutes until meat is browned and vegetable begin to soften. Drain grease if you need to.
- Add all remaining ingredients bone the IP. Stir to mix.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook for 40 minutes. Natural release pressure for 5 minutes then manually the remaining pressure.