Lemon pepper chicken wings are healthy and easy to make. Cook these wings in your slow cooker or electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot).
Originally published 2016, updated 2020
Wings are as stable in my household. One things I’ve learned over the years is that wings don’t have to be unhealthy. This wings recipe is low-carb, paleo, and whole30. And it’s easy to make.
Lemon Pepper Sauce
I was looking at my Slow Cooker Lemon-Pepper Chicken recipe and thought it would be perfect to re-work for chicken wings. As a result I used it as a base for this recipe. Recently a follower sent me a message saying she didn’t find these wingsto be lemony or peppery. Having not made this in a while, I remade it and guess what…she was right. The sauce you see in the recipe box is a revised, updated version.
Other chicken wings recipes you might enjoy:
Broiling The Wings
Bring on the crispy wings! When the wings are done cooking, I like to broil them to crisp the skin. This is an optional (they’ll still taste fine if you don’t) but recommended step. To do so, carefully remove the wings from the slow cooker or pressure cooker. They will be hot so use tongs. Lay the wings on a baking sheet and place them under your broiler until they’re crisp to your liking. This is usually 3-5 minutes for me. Sometime I flip them halfway through cooking but not always.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings VIDEO:
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Juice of 4 lemons (approx 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together sauce ingredients. Pour sauce on top of wings.
- Add lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or low 4-6. You will know the chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit.
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Pour water into the pressure cooker. Add trivet.
- Season wings with salt & pepper (optional). Pile the wings on top of the trivet.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure and cook 5 minutes. When done, quick release remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove wings from pressure cooker with tongs. Mix together sauce ingredients. Toss with half the sauce & then continue on to the broil steps below. After broiling, pour remaining sauce on top of wings.
- If you’re not going to broil your wings, you can toss the wings with all of the sauce and serve.
BROIL (optional but recommended): when done cooking, remove wings from the appliance and lay them on a large baking sheet. Place the baking sheet under your oven’s broiler for 2-5 minutes or until wings are crisp to your liking.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive money if you make a purchase using one of the links. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.