Minestrone soup is simple yet healthy and hearty. Grab your favorite vegetables, beans, gluten-free quinoa pasta, and let your slow cooker do the work.
What I love about minestrone soup is that you really can’t screw it up. You’re encouraged to use whatever vegetables are in season.
To me that means it’s the perfect soup to clean out my produce drawer with. Carrots, celery, zucchini, onion, etc. Some people add potatoes but I did not this time.
And don’t forget your pantry since this includes beans and pasta. Canned beans are okay just be sure to drain and rinse them first. I used canned for both the kidney and great northern beans.
Trying to keep this as healthy as possible, I used Tresomega Nutrition’s quinoa elbow pasta. It’s gluten, wheat, and corn-free. Paired with the addition of the beans and various veggies, this hearty soup is not just high-fiber but also packed with nutrients.
I add cumin to everything so if you don’t have the 1/4 tsp of cumin, don’t panic just omit it. Got fresh herbs? Definitely toss those in!
- 8 ounces Tresomega Nutrition Organic Quinoa Pasta Elbows
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 ounces great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb green beans, cut into 1-in pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT the pasta to the slow cooker.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Add pasta and cook an additional 15-30 min or until pasta is tender.
- Remove bay leaves prior to serving.
You’ll need a large slow cooker for this recipe, at least a 6-quart. I used my Crock-Pot® 8-Quart Manual Slow Cooker.
Need an Italian seasoning blend? Use this one:
This post was sponsored by Tresomega Nutrition but all opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links. That means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.