Mexican flavors and ingredients combine for a hearty yet healthy chili that can be made in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
Uh-oh guess who got an pressure cooker?! That’s right ME. I’ve been hearing about Instant Pots for a while now. You know Crock-Pot is a brand of slow cookers? What intrigued me about pressure cooker is that most of my slow cooker recipes can be made in it without making any changes. This is one of those recipes. It can be made in either so I’m providing instructions on both.
It was no-brainer for me to make chili for my first Instant Pot recipe. I love chili; mainly because it’s pretty hard to mess up. I’ve been thinking about this chili recipe for some time now. I’m slowly working on ‘chili’s from around the world (remember my Indian Chili) since I love chili so much so and a Mexican version has been at the top of my list. Both the carne asada and chorizo need to be browned first. This is a recommended step for both the PC & SC.
After that, just throw everything in, stir, and let it cook.
- 2 lbs carne asada, chopped
- 1/2 lb beef chorizo, uncased
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 15 ounces corn (drained & rinsed if using canned)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained & rinsed if using canned)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the PC. Set to sautée mode. Once heated, add meat and sautée until browned.
- Add all other ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set IP pressure to HIGH cook time for 30 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- In a large skillet, cook carne asada and chorizo a few minutes until browned. Transfer meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
Cook time is set for Instant Pot
I think this is better served the next day. I think that about all chili though. Just me? Am I the only one that thinks that??
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on one of the product links, I might receive compensation. For more about my disclosure policy see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy/.